NHSSCA REGIONAL Coach of the YEar
This award is given annually to a High School Strength and Conditioning Coach in recognition of his or her coaching achievements and passion for the profession.
The Regional Coach of the Year is selected from among the top coaches across the eight regions and receives a unique, personalized Coach of the Year Plaque.
– Candidates must be current NHSSCA Members.
– Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years serving as a full-time faculty member in the role of strength and conditioning coach (private or public high school).
– Candidates must be nominated by a CURRENT NHSSCA Professional Member.
– Nominations begin September 1, 2021 and ends midnight on September 30, 2021.
– The nomination can be made by filling out this form.
– Nominees will have their information sent to the appropriate State Director who will select the top two (2) candidates and submit their name to the NHSSCA Regional Board Member for National Coach of the Year consideration.
– The Regional Board Member will evaluate all submissions and select the top candidate for the National Coach of the Year pool.
– After the National COY has been chosen, the candidates who have not been selected will be returned to the Regional Board Members to determine the Regional and State Coaches of the Year.
ATTENTION: State Directors are not eligible to win the State Coach of the Year Award but can be included in the Regional and National process.
– If you have any questions about the process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the 2021 Regional High School Strength Coaches of the Year
SOUTHEAST – REGION 1
2021 – Micah Kurtz, Windermere Prep (FL)
2020 – Mark Hoover, IYCA, USAW, York HS (SC)
2019 – Nick Ficker, CSCS, Ashville Christian HS (NC)
2018 – Rich Lansky, CSCS, Manatee HS (FL)
SOUTHWEST – REGION 2
2021 – Deerick B Smith, Southside School District (AR)
2020 – David Neill, CSCS, SCCC, USAW, Liberty Christian, (TX)
2019 – Kyle Keese, CSCS, USAW, Denton Guyer HS (TX)
2018 – Monte Sparkman, CSCS, USAW, USATF, Richland HS (TX)
ROCKY MOUNTAIN – REGION 3
2021 – Jeff Decker, Mountain Pointe HS (AZ)
2020 – Mark Carnes, ThunderRidge HS (CO)
2019 – Clay Bewley, CSCS, USAW, Extrella Foothills HS (AZ)
2018 – Patrick Nolan, CSCS, Ponderosa HS (CO)
PACIFIC – REGION 4
2021 – Nick Garcia, Notre Dame HS (CA)
2020 – Dan Berman, CSCS, St Margaret’s, (CA)
2019 – Ka’ai Spencer, CSCS, USAW, Hawaii Prep (HI)
2018 – Mark Wine, CSCS, USAW, De La Salle HS (CA)
NORTHWEST – REGION 5
2021 – Paxton P Paynter, O’Dea HS (WA)
2020 – Josh Fagan, CSCS, Eagle Point (OR)
2019 – Tim Souza, MS, CSCS, USAW, ASPC, Kuna HS (ID)
2018 – Travis Osborne, CSCS, FMS, North Valley HS (OR)
MID-AMERICA – REGION 6
2021 – Tony Stewart, North Scott HS (IA)
2020 – Scott Meier, Farmington HS (MN)
2019 – Rob Brokaw, CSCS, USAW, North Bend HS (NE)
2018 – Stewart Venable, CSCS, Lincoln HS (NE)
GREAT LAKES – REGION 7
2021 – Adam Lane, Decatur Central (IN)
2020 – Doug Gle, CSCS, Traverse City (MI)
2019 – Mike Winkler, MS, CSCS, RSCC, Archbishop Hoban (OH)
2018 – Mike Snyder, CSCS, Pn1, Trinity HS (KY)
NORTHEAST – REGION 8
2021 – Michelle Hart-Miller , Londonderry HS (NH)
2020 – Paul Kolody, ATC, CSCS, USAW, Hunterndon Central (NJ)
2019 – Frank Cremonese, CSCS, PES, Mt. Lebanon HS (PA)
2018 – Kevin O’Neill, CSCS, USAW, Noble & Greenough HS (MA)